Cell Culture Technician
Location: Germantown, MD
Role and responsibilities:
Seraxis is a rapidly growing regenerative medicine company focused primarily on a replacement cell therapy for insulin-dependent diabetes. Seraxis is working to launch multiple clinical trials in 2023.
We are seeking an exceptional and highly motivated cell culture technician. The position requires demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, hands-on, and collaborative environment. Strong commitment to quality, compliance and scientific excellence is necessary. The laboratory technician will be responsible for following laboratory protocols to maintain human cell cultures. The laboratory technician will be trained to follow GLP and GMP procedures. Familiarity with these processes is desired. The technician will be required to work one weekend day. The selected candidate will benefit from a unique opportunity to become a major contributor to the success of a well-positioned and growth-oriented cell replacement therapy company.
The job responsibilities include:
- Cell culture following aseptic and GLP procedures
- Preparing media and mixing reagents
- Stocking the laboratory
- Maintaining cleanliness of equipment and work surfaces
- Working a weekend day
Qualifications and Skills:
- B.S. or M.S. in Biology, Biochemistry or related discipline
- Industry experience in a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of cGMP/GLP practices, ICH/ FDA guidance documents and quality system.
- Scientific knowledge and technical proficiency.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a cross-functional team environment and to design experiments and research strategy.
Job type: Full time
Salary range: up to $100K depending on the experience level. Stock options. 401K
Seraxis is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com.